The Big Meow
At this time, due to high demand for the Big Meow Program, there are currently no available appointments. Please check back at a later date as additional appointments become available.
To Schedule Your Appointment Call Vet Care: 714-895-8600
The BIG MEOW is a program sponsored by SEAACA with support of grant funding, allocated funding & donors to provide spay and neutering your outdoor and indoor/outdoor cats. Appointments are made based on availability. Your participation in the BIG MEOW by altering your cat would be an important step in reducing the surplus cats in our community. In addition to the altering surgery, each cat will receive at no cost a microchip so your cat has a permanent ID, Vaccines (FVRCP and Rabies), plus a topical 30 day flea preventive treatment.
Feline Spay/Neuter Benefits:
- Stops reproduction resulting in unwanted litters of kittens that often times are turned into shelters.
- A cat's behavior is improved after altering. Examples: Reduction or elimination of spraying and mating behavior such as yowling.
- Cats are less likely to wander seeking mates.
- Cats become less likely to fight for mates.
- Stops heat (estrous) cycles for females.
- Altering has a positive impact on the general health of cats and reduce the risk of some cancers.
Feline Candidates Requirements:
- Owner and cat must reside in SEAACA’s service area: Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Buena Park, Downey, Lakewood, La Palma, Montebello, Norwalk, Paramount, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, South El Monte, South Gate, and Vernon
- Owned outdoor or indoor/outdoor cats
- Cat must be between 4 months and 4 years old of age
- NO brachiocephalic cats
- Limit 2 per household
- Pre-surgery exam required ($40)
- Other services may be offered to you for the wellness of your cat
“Preparation for Surgery”
- NO food after midnight the night before surgery
- NO food the day of surgery
- Water must be made available to animal the cat at all times
- Bring any previous vaccine/Vet paperwork if any
- Cats must be in a hard, plastic cat carrier for safe transport & recovery
o NO wire cages or crates
o Cat must be able to stretch and stand comfortably
o NO collapsible or soft sided carriers
o Carrier a minimum size of 15-25 lbs.
ex: Pet Taxi 26 inches
o Plastic enclosed carrier
- Cats must be dropped off with a fleece blanket no smaller than 50 in x 60 in for surgery recovery.
For the safety of your cat, some cats may be refused at time of surgery if requirements are not met