The Big Meow
When people spay or neuter their cats, there are many benefits for the cats and our communities:
- There are no more unwanted litters on cats crowding shelters every year.
- A cat's behavior is improved after altering.
- Cats are less likely to wander seeking mates.
- Altering has a positive impact on the general health of cats.
Your participation in the BIG MEOW by altering your cat would be an important step in reducing the surplus cats in our community. In addition to the altering surgery, each cat will receive at no cost a microchip-so your cat has a permanent ID, Vaccines (FVRCP and Rabies), plus a topical 30 day flea preventive treatment.
- Owner and cat must reside in SEAACA’s service area:
o Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Buena Park, Downey, Lakewood, La Palma, Montebello, Norwalk, Paramount, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, South El Monte, South Gate, and Vernon
- Owned outdoor or indoor/outdoor cats
- Cat must be between 2 months and 6 years old of age
- NO brachiocephalic cats
“Preparation for Surgery”
- NO food after midnight
- NO food the day of surgery
- Water must be made available to animal the cat at all times
- Bring any previous vaccine/Vet paperwork if any
- Cats must be in appropriate size carriers at time of drop off
o NO wire cages or crates
o Cat must be able to stretch and stand comfortably
o NO collapsible or soft sided carriers
o Carrier a minimum size of 15-25 lbs. ex: pet taxi 26 inches
o Plastic enclosed carrier
- Cats must be dropped off with a fleece blanket no smaller than 50 in x 60 in for surgery recove
For the safety of your cat, some cats may be refused at time of surgery if requirements are not met